The VP−729 is a 9−input scaler/switcher for analog and digital video, unbalanced stereo, and S/PDIF audio signals. It up− or down−scales any video signal: composite, s−Video (Y/C), component video (YUV), HDMI, computer graphics video and jpeg files to a selectable graphics or HDTV output resolution via identical HDMI or 15−pin HD outputs. It provides glitch−free switching between sources through FTB™ (fade−thru−black) switching technology. The VP−729 is the same as the VP−728 with the addition of Ethernet control.
- HQV® Video Processing - HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) processing represents the state−of−the−art in video processing technology, with the highest quality de−interlacing (with 3:2 & 2:2 pull down), noise reduction, and scaling performance for both standard−definition and high−definition signals.
- Fade-Thru-Black (FTB™) Switching - The video fades to black and then the new input fades from black for smooth, glitch−free switching. The output signal provides constant sync so the display never glitches.
- K-IIT XL™ Picture-in-Picture Image Insertion Technology - Ultra stable picture−in−picture, picture−and−picture, and split screen capability. Any video source can be inserted into or positioned next to a computer graphics video source or vice versa with window positioning and sizing controls.
- Projector Anywhere™ Technology - Horizontal & vertical geometry controls to compensate for off−axis projector placement.
- HDTV Compatible.
- HDCP Compliant - The HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) license agreement allows copy−protected data on the HDMI input to pass only to the HDMI output.
- Video Inputs - 4 universal video each on 3 RCA (composite, s−Video, component), 2 computer graphics video (15−pin HD), 2 HDMI and 1 USB (for JPEG data).
- Multi-Standard - Auto, NTSC (3.58/4.43), PAL (M/N/60) & SECAM.
- HDTV Compatible Component Input.
- Scaled Video Outputs - HDMI & 15−pin HD.
- HDTV Output Resolutions - 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
- Computer Graphics Output Resolutions - 32 plus a user definable custom output resolution with selectable refresh rates.
- Multiple Aspect Ratio Selections - 4x3 or 16x9, anamorphic, letterbox, and user definable settings.
- Companion AFV (Audio-Follow-Video) - For every analog video input; supports embedded audio on the 2 HDMI inputs and outputs.
- Audio Inputs - 4 stereo audio or S/PDIF on 2 RCA connectors for each one of the 4 universal video inputs; 2 unbalanced stereo audio on 3.5mm mini jacks for each of the 2 computer graphics video inputs. Individual level adjustment.
- Audio Outputs - S/PDIF and stereo audio (RCAs); transcodes stereo or S/PDIF audio to both stereo and S/PDIF audio. Embeds & de−embeds HDMI audio. Master volume control.
- Audio Delay - Adjustable from 0 to 340msec.
- Built-in Time Base Corrector - Stabilizes unstable video sources.
- Built-in ProcAmp - Color, hue, sharpness, contrast, and brightness are set individually for each input.
- Text Overlay.
- Front Panel Lockout.
- Front Panel Freeze Frame.
- Video Blanking - Blue or black screen selectable.
- Zoom - 100% to 400%.
- Flexible Control Options - Front panel, IR Remote (with on−screen menus), Ethernet, iPhone® App & RS−232.
- Worldwide Power Supply - 100−240V AC.
- Standard 19” Rack Mount Size - 1U, rack "ears" included.
- Projection systems in conference rooms, boardrooms, auditoriums, hotels and churches.
- Production studios, rental and staging.
- Any application where high-quality conversion and switching of multiple and different video signals to graphical data signals is required for projection purposes.
4 universal Y/CV, Pb/C, Pr (composite, s−Video and component) 1 Vpp/75Ω on RCA connectors;
2 UXGA on a 15−pin HD connector (VGA through UXGA);
2 HDMI connectors;
1 USB connector;
For each universal input there is a corresponding (unbalanced) audio stereo input (1V nom/ 25kΩ minimum) and digital stereo S/PDIF input (32kHz to 96kHz sample frequency/75Ω) on RCA connectors;
For each UXGA input there is a corresponding (unbalanced) audio stereo input on a 3.5mm mini jack connector.
1 HDMI connector;
1 UXGA format on a 15−pin HD connector;
1 unbalanced audio stereo output (1V nom/50Ω) on RCA connectors;
1 digital stereo S/PDIF output (32kHz to 96kHz sample frequency/75Ω) on an RCA connector.
|COMPLIANCE WITH HDMI STANDARD||Supports HDMI and HDCP.|
|OUTPUT RESOLUTIONS||Native HDMI, 640x480x60Hz, 640x480x75Hz, 800x600x50Hz, 800x600x60Hz, 800x600x75Hz, 1024x768x50Hz, 1024x768x60Hz, 1024x768x75Hz, 1280x768x50Hz, 1280x768x60Hz, 1280x720x60Hz, 1280x800x60Hz, 1280x1024x50Hz, 1280x1024x60Hz, 1280x1024x75Hz, 1366x768x50Hz, 1366x768x60Hz, 1400x1050x50Hz, 1400x1050x60Hz, 1600x1200x50Hz, 1600x1200x60Hz, 1680x1050x60Hz, 1920x1080x60Hz, 1920x1200x60Hz, 480px60Hz, 576px60Hz, 720px50Hz, 720px60Hz, 1080ix50Hz, 1080ix60Hz, 1080px50Hz, 1080px60Hz, 720x480x59.94Hz, 1280x720x59.94Hz, 1920x1080ix59.94Hz, 1920x1080x23.98Hz, 1920x1080x29.97Hz, 1920x1080x59.94Hz or custom.|
|CONTROL||Front panel buttons/OSD, IR remote control, RS−232 on a 9−pin D−sub connector, Ethernet.|
|ADDITIONAL CONTROLS||Picture−In−Picture: Video−in−Graphics (or vice versa), Picture−and−Picture or Split Screen (two images side−by−side), freeze, zoom, different selectable vertical refresh rates, video and audio ProcAmp control, output image scaling and aspect ratio change, EDID capture, text overlay, slide show.
|POWER CONSUMPTION||100−240V AC, 50/60Hz, 30VA automatic power supply.|
|DIMENSIONS||19" x 9.3" x 1U W, D, H rack mountable.|
|WEIGHT||3kg (6.6lbs) approx.|
|INCLUDED ACCESSORIES||Null−modem adapter, rack “ears”, IR remote control, 2 sets of C−SF/2RVM−0.5 cables, power cord, control application program via RS−232 (PC) and via Ethernet (i−Phone® and PC).|