The new Cube 155, like the original, is a camera-top wireless HD video encoder that connects with HD-SDI cameras. The unit streams via dual-band WiFi, an Ethernet port, or a single 3G/4G USB modem.
The new Cube 155 includes all of the same great features of the original Cube such as a compact aluminum chassis, comprehensive transport protocol support like RTP/RTSP/RTMP/MPEG-TS, and a variety of camera inputs. To bring Cube to the next level, Teradek has added a variety of important new features such as:
Cube’s new OLED enables users to rapidly change and review the settings of their unit in addition to providing real-time feedback for filenames, recording status, and wireless connectivity. No longer are computers or iPads needed for configuration; every feature is a simple click away.
Cube’s built-in Li-ION battery will give users up to 2 hours of runtime, which allows for seamless battery swapping or quick broadcasts. The battery can also be charged from an AC adapter or even a suitable external battery such as an Anton Bauer.
Cube is the world’s first camera-top wireless HD video encoder. Cube streams up to 1080p over WiFi or wired Ethernet. Cube is the ideal solution for guerilla filmmakers who need on-set video monitoring without the cost or complexity of a full VTR rig. Cube is also a great solution for full-scale film productions to eliminate camera tethering on long dolly moves, running footage, steadicam shots, hand-held operation, jib-arms, and crane shots.
Cube’s ad-hoc networking mode creates a network and streams directly to a decoding device such as a Laptop or iPad with no other equipment required. Using Cube’s infrastructure network mode Cube’s IP video stream can be distributed over a LAN/WAN or over the Internet. Cube uses the world’s most advanced video compression – H.264 High Profile Level 4.1 and provides Blu-ray video quality. Cube’s end-to-end latency is approximately 250 ms.*
Cube is tiny (about the size of a deck of cards), uses only 3W of DC power, and weighs only 8 ounces, and mounts easily to a rail system, cage, hotshoe, or camera baseplate. Cube’s line-of-sight WiFi range is approximately 300 feet when used with a high quality WiFi access point. Cube has been tested extensively with RED ONE, Arri Alexa, Panavision Genesis, Canon 5Dii, Canon 7D, various handi-cams and more.
*Latency measured by independent third party testers. iPad’s native video decoder adds approximately 10 seconds of latency. An RTP solution for iPad will be available shortly to eliminate the latency issue.
- HD-SDI, SD-SDI: BNC
- 1080i 50/59.94/60
- 1080p 23.98/24/25/30
- 1080PsF 23.98/24/25
- 720p 50/59.94/60
- Compression Algorithm: Baseline, Main and High Profile H.264
- Main and Baseline profiles
- Bit Rate: 250 Kbps to 10 Mbps
- Built in Video Scaler and Deinterlacer
VIDEO STREAMING SUPPORT
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, SSL, IGMP
- Transport Protocols: RTP, RTSP, RTP over HTTP, MPEG-TS**
- RTMP (Adobe Flash Streaming)
- HTTP Live Steaming
- Point to Point (TCP or UDP), Multiple Unicast (UDP), or Multicast (UDP+IGMP)**
- Audio Compression: AAC-LC, MPEG Layer 2
- Embedded Audio Input
- Analog Line or Mic in, adjustable gain
- Headphone output, adjustable volume
- Dimensions: 2.5"W x 3.5"D x .9"H
- Weight: 8oz
- Feature-rich WebUI for configuration and control
- OLED LCD Display with joystick Navigation buttons
- On/Off and Reset Switch
- Micro SD
- Powered USB 2.0 host port
- Ethernet: 10/100BASE-T
- WiFi: Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n MiMO
- USB Modem support**
- 2 Pin Lemo Power input
- Internal Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- USB Charging
- Nominal Power Consumption: 3W
- Nominal Power Consumption while Charging : up to 10W
- Auxiliary Power Input: 6-28V DC
*Currently supporting RED One, RED Epic, Arri Alexa and select Sony and Canon cameras. Please contact Teradek Support. to confirm support for your camera first.