Epiphan Lecture Recorder x2™ (ELR) is an integrated hardware platform for recording and/or streaming presentations, events, lectures, marketing and training videos.
Lecture Recorder x2 captures an HD video source such as computer with slides, and a camera with audio source focused on the presenter. Lecture Recorder x2 then streams the multimedia content to standard internet browsers and media players. The streaming content can also be recorded to internal storage and network storage.
Lecture Recorder x2 Video Presentation in HD
HD + SD Video Audio Capture
Lecture Recorder x2 captures an HD video source (up to 1920×1200) channel from a VGA/DVI/HDMI1 display or camera, in parallel with an analog S-Video/Composite (PAL, NTSC) SD video source channel and a stereo/mono audio source.
Lecture Recorder x2 encodes the input channels into a choice of standard formats:
The Lecture Recorder x2 streams the input channels as a single stream or two independent streams up to 30 FPS. Standard browsers and media players view the stream(s) via a URL over choice of:
HTTP, RTP over RTSP, UDP, HTTP
Administrators can custom brand the output stream layout, picture with picture arrangement, time stamping, copyright, and other branding.
Record to Publish and Replay
Lecture Recorder x2 records the input channel streams to internal storage, network storage, internal FTP server, external FTP site and/or local USB storage key. Media files can be viewed by standard media players, browsers and processed with standard multi media editing tools.
Lecture Recorder x2 Form Factor and Connectors
Lecture Recorder x2 is a compact portable desktop recording solution that is 7.95"×4.13"×1.38" 202×105×35mm. The buttons and connector interfaces are shown below.
Stream as 1 Channel or Independent Channels
|Multi-Source Picture with Picture Video Matrix / Multiplexing Features – Lecture Recorder x2 can be configured to synchronize and record video sources as a single video channel or maintain the two video sources as a multi-track video channel.|
Power to the Speaker at the Podium . High Quality - Audio + Dual Video Source Streaming and Recording
Lecture Recorder x2 is ideal for recording and broadcast streaming of multi-source audio-visual media for lectures, how to videos, training videos, conference proceedings, seminars and presentations videos or vignettes.
Lecture Recorder x2 gives HD streaming and recording power to the speaker's message, not the podium power supplies.
Lecture Recorder x2 enables the power of HD and gives educational institutions, marketing departments, training departments, and professional AV service providers full control of the content they want to produce, record and stream.
Reduce Cost, Cables, Components, Power and Complexity in the Podium
Remove Splitters, Converters, Power Supplies, Cables, Dedicated Capture Computer, with noisy fans and motors.
Simplify Your Solution
Deploy Lecture Recorder x2- - Simple - Secure - Silent - No Moving Parts - Low Power with High Power HD + SD Channel Stream and Record. Simplify Lecture and Presentation Capture, Record and Stream live from the Podium in HD.
Lecture Recorder Features and Benefits
|Single Integrated Device - Record, Stream HD + SD from the Podium||
|Simple and Secure to Deploy||
|Capture and synchronize audio, HD and SD video sources||
|Record and Stream as 1 channel or 2 channels - up to 30 FPS||
|Internal/External Storage and Publishing||
|Visual Experience and Branding Features||
|Professional AV Features- System Management||
Lecture Recorder x2 Hardware Overview Video
Lecture Recorder x2 Key Features
Form Factor - Audio Visual Equipment System Integration
- Portable hardware appliance for recording and streaming presentations, events, lectures, marketing and training videos
- Non-Intrusive – Simply Plug and Play Audio Visual presentation sources –Secure – no software or networking to install on presentation sources.– OS and CPU agnostic – No 3rd party hosting required, no maintenance fees
- Power over Ethernet, built in splitter/converters – no cumbersome power supplies at the recording podium
- No fans, no noise, reduces power, devices and clutter. Integrated with Power over Ethernet, pass-through monitoring with built-in splitter and converter to all three display output types (VGA, DVI, HDMI)
- HTTP and RS-232 API for integration with other systems
- HD source: VGA/DVI/HDMI display or camera source, up to 1920 x 1200
- SD source: S-Video/Composite, NTSC/PAL
- Audio source: 3.5mm line/mic., stereo/mono
- Flash (H.264), ASF (MPEG4), ASF (H.264), RTP (MPEG-4), RTP(H.264) and MJPEG
- 16GB internal video recording solid state storage (no moving parts, no fans )
- Auto-push of multi-media video recordings to FTP site, CIFS, RSYNC network storage, or USB local storage device
Branding and Layouts
Stream Setup Parameters
- CODECS : MPEG 4, H.264/Adobe Flash, MJPEG
- Stream Formats: ASF over HTTP, FLV over HTTP, RTP/RTSP unicast (TCP and UDP), RTP multicast (UDP), MJPEG
- Encoding Options : choose preset, profile
- Labelling : apply time stamp, text to output stream
- Output Stream : Frame Size, frame rate limit, bitrate, key frame interval , rate control, streaming port
- Audio Settings : format (PCM/MP3), Sample Rate, Stereo/mono, bit rate, line/mic, input amplifier gain, output amplifier gain
- Branding: customize web page look and feel using XLST
Video/Audio Monitoring and Passthrough
- Live View Monitoring: Opens browser window to monitor look and feel of output URL stream
- Video passthrough output: monitor video source - built in active splitter sends input to streaming encoded and to a built in VGA/DVI/HDMI input to VGA/DVI/HDMI output converter
- Audio passthrough output: monitor audio source - built in active splitter sends audio to stream and analog out
- Lecture Recorder x2 can be integrated into your custom web infrastructure such as classroom and meeting room scheduling or lecture capture and management systems to broadcast training and similar education content. You can review the subset of commands in the product documentation, or contact us for additional custom integration features and details.
|Connection (Bus Type)||USB v2|
|Video Inputs||Composite (RCA), VGA, DVI|
|Audio Inputs||Line Input (3.5mm Jack)|