The Flashlink DWDM-40C is a High performance 40-channel DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) multiplexer and de-multiplexer. The DWDM-40C has industry leading back-to-back insertion loss of 6 dB including connector losses, making it the ideal solution for broad-casters who need to squeeze every extra kilometer out of their DWDM, and for network owners that providebackhaul services for broadcasters and channel owners. DWDM significantly reduces the number of fibres needed thus reducing fibre lease cost.
The uniform loss version of DWDM-40C is ideal for use together with the Flashlink EDFA products for long-haul applications.
Note - the DWDM-40C is always sold and delivered as a matched pair.
- DWDM networks
- Dark fiber networks
- Optical video networks
- Broadcast contribution networks
- C-band 100GHz channel spacing according to ITU-T G.694.1 ensuring interoperability with other standards-based DWDM systems
- Flat spectrum allowing use with Erbium Doped Fibre Amplifiers (EDFAs)
- 2RU compact solution
- No maintenance needed, no power needed
- Signals can be uni- or bi-directional
- Signal and bit-rate transparent