HDLink Pro includes amazing quality DVI and HDMI monitoring with 6 channels of RCA analog audio out, 3D lookup tables, Dual Link 3 Gb/s SDI input, single link 3 Gb/s SDI loop thru output, and support for 24 inch displays for HD monitoring and 30 inch displays for real time 2K monitoring.
Eliminate the high cost of HDTV monitoring with HDLink - the world's most advanced full HDTV resolution monitoring converter for DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI monitors. Includes the quality of 4:4:4 SDI video, lookup tables via USB and analog audio outputs. HDLink will solve all your monitoring needs.
Full Resolution HD Monitoring
HDLink connects SDI video directly to any supported DVI-D and DisplayPort based LCD computer monitor for incredible true HDTV resolution video monitoring. HDLink includes 3 Gb/s SDI for high resolution 2K film monitoring when connected to a large 30 inch DVI display. With every individual pixel in the HD or 2K SDI connection digitally mapped directly to the pixels of the LCD display, you get a perfect digital-to-screen pixel for pixel HDTV or 2K display. Connect any HDMI television or video projector to HDLink for cinema style monitoring! Even large 23 inch CRT based monitors can’t display the full resolution of the HD-SDI signal, but with HDLink you see every pixel in the HD signal, so you'll always see a perfect image. You'll be amazed at the quality of High Definition or 2K video when you monitor via HDLink for the first time. There’s simply no higher resolution HDTV monitoring possible!
Supports both DVI and HDMI
HDLink supports all DVI-D based digital computer displays and now also includes HDMI video support. HDMI supports video at 1080i/50, 1080i/59.94 and 720p/59.94 on any HDMI device. DVI-D supports displays at 1920 x 1200 (16:10) resolution for all 1080 HDTV formats. When working in 720 HDTV formats you can even use lower cost 1280 x 800 resolution display for pixel for pixel 720p viewing. When working in NTSC or PAL, HDLink can 2x oversize the displayed image making viewing easier. Because most computer displays are limited to approximately a 60 Hz refresh rate, HDLink will automatically apply pull-down to allow video frame rates to be displayed. HDLink includes a built-in Power PC processor allowing automatic adjustment of native display resolutions using VESA E-EDID1.3.
World's Highest Quality 3 Gb/s SDI in 4:4:4
HDLink introduced the world’s first full HDTV resolution 4:4:4 monitoring solution that supports both standard definition SDI, HD-SDI and HD-SDI 4:4:4 for full resolution color monitoring. HD-SDI 4:4:4 features twice the color resolution. Conventional SD and HD video is 4:2:2 based, which limits color detail while 4:4:4 HD video preserves the full color detail which is important for critical keying and feature film work.
HDLink Pro is the first solution for the new high speed 3 Gb/s SDI standard for 4:4:4 RGB and 2K film monitoring. 3 Gb/s SDI runs twice the data rate of normal HD-SDI video, allowing 4:4:4 RGB video to be connected using a single SDI connection. 3 Gb/s SDI also allows full resolution 2K feature film quality 2048 x 1556 video to be connected via SDI.
Built in Optical Fiber
The HDLink Optical Fiber model is the world's first broadcast monitoring solution with built in optical fiber SDI connections. Optical fiber easily handles long distances, is low cost, and optical fiber cables last virtually forever because you can keep plugging them into faster equipment in the future, and the same cables will go much faster. Optical fiber cables can be installed by your local electrician, and the cables can be purchased from your local electrical wholesaler. That's because optical fiber is used all the time in computer networking, so it's low cost and commonly available! Now you can build a native optical fiber facility!
Standard Definition, HDTV or 2K
HDLink supports all SDI based formats from standard definition NTSC/PAL to HD-SDI 1080 and 720 and even 2K film resolution when used with DVI displays. HDLink features 3 Gb/s SDI, so also works with real time 2K monitoring as used on Blackmagic Design's Multibridge Eclipse, Multibridge Pro and DeckLink HD Extreme. With HDLink you'll get the best image quality possible with format compatibility guaranteed years into the future. HDLink's SDI video input automatically switches between SD, HD and 2K. Unlike CRT based monitors, HDLink also supports all HDTV frame rates and formats including progressive HD formats.
SMPTE 352M video payload identification ancillary data is used for automatic input format recognition and RGB/YUV color space detection. Color precision is at an incredible 10 bit in both SD and HD formats. Video data is automatically rounded down to the bit depth of the connected LCD display for superior viewing quality.
Color Management via 3D Lookup Tables
For matching LCD display colorimetry and simulating various types of film stocks, HDLink Pro model features more advanced 3D lookup tables. Advanced 3D lookup tables increase color control because a blend of red, green and blue video can be output to each primary color on the connected display. Only advanced 3D lookup tables can give full color control for accurate simulation of almost any feature film stock. Lookup tables are fully adjustable via a high speed USB 2.0 host computer connection using the included HDLink Utility software for Windows and Mac OS X. Custom lookup tables also allow film industry log video to be converted to linear for monitoring when used for feature film work. Preset gamma tables for Panasonic™ and Grass Valley Thomson Viper cine-gamma are included.
Supports LCD Displays
HDLink supports DVI-D based digital computer displays. For 1080 and 720 HDTV formats, a 1920 x 1200 (16:10) resolution display is recommended. However, if you’re working in 720 HDTV formats only, then a lower cost 1280 x 800 resolution display is recommended. When working in NTSC or PAL, HDLink can scale up the displayed image to fill the display making viewing easier. Because most computer displays are limited to approximately a 60 Hz refresh rate, HDLink will automatically apply pull-down to allow video frame rates to be displayed. HDLink includes a built-in Power PC processor allowing automatic adjustment of native display resolutions using VESA E-EDID1.3.
Analog Audio Monitoring Output
Audio outputs are de embedded from the SDI input and then converted to analog at an incredible 24 bit. HDLink supports 6 channels out allowing easy monitoring of 5.1 surround sound audio. Audio is output on RCA connectors so you can easily connect to standard HiFi systems. If the connected display requires pull-down processing then HDLink will apply a variable audio delay ensuring perfect audio to video sync. To protect speakers and eliminate loud pops and other audio glitches, HDLink gently mutes the audio if video formats change or when SDI signals are connected and disconnected.
Three Fantastic Models
HDLink is available in three models to match your workflow needs. If you need Dual Link 4:4:4 monitoring then HDLink Pro or HDLink Pro DisplayPort models are ideal, If you don't need Dual Link 4:4:4, as you're running a 3 Gb/s SDI facility, and you need optical fiber SDI built in, then HDLink Optical Fiber is perfect.
- SDI Video Input - 1 x BNC input switches between SD-SDI, HD-SDI 4:2:2, HD-SDI 4:4:4 and 2K via SDI or use 2 x BNC inputs for dual-link HD-SDI 4:4:4.
- SDI Video Output - 1 x BNC active loop through output switches between SD, HD 4:2:2, HD 4:4:4 and 2K.
- SDI Audio De-embedding - 6 channels out de-embedded from SDI input.
- Multi Rate SDI Support - 270 Mb/s standard definition, 1.5 Gb/s high definition 4:2:2, 3 Gb/s 4:4:4 high definition and 2K film.
- Analog Audio Output - 6 x unbalanced 24 bit analog outputs on RCA connectors -10db.
- DVI-D Video Output - Supports Dual Link DVI-D displays up to 30 inches 2560 x 1600 in size.
- DVI-D Configuration - Automatic adjustment using VESA E-EDID1.3. Manual override of display configuration via HDLink Utility software.
- DVI-D Resolution - Pixel-for-pixel display on LCD displays.
- DVI-D Connection - Via any DVI-D. Compatible with single-link and dual-link DVI cables. DVI-D video support only. Audio via RCA analog outputs.
- HDMI Audio Output - Audio combined with video in HDMI connection.
- HDMI Video Output - upports HDMI displays, such as a TV or video projectors up to 1920 x 1080 resolution. Supports displays up to 1920 x 1080 using DisplayPort to HDMI adapter (not included).
- HDMI Configuration - Automatically configures to connected display.
- HDMI Resolution - Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
- HDMI Connection - Via included DVI-D male to HDMI Type A female adaptor. Plug into HDLink when connecting to HDMI devices. HDMI video supports HDMI audio. Supports displays up to 1920 x 1080 using DisplayPort to HDMI adapter(not included).
- Gamma Correction - Independently adjustable 3D lookup tables per color component. Interactive real time adjustment of lookup tables.
- Updates and Configuration - USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mb/s) interface.
- HD Format Support via DVI-D - 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556p24 and 2048 x 1556p25.
- HD Format Support via DisplayPort - 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556p24 and 2048 x 1556p25.
- HD Format Support via HDMI - 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94 and 1080i60 , 1080p50, 1080p59.94 and 1080p60.
- SD Format Support via DVI-D - 625/25 PAL and 525/29.97 NTSC.
- SD Format Support via DisplayPort - 625/25 PAL and 525/29.97 NTSC.
- SD Format Support via HDMI - 625/25 PAL and 525/29.97 NTSC.
- SDI Compliance - SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M-B, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601 and SMPTE 297M for Optical Fiber SDI.
- SDI Video Sampling - 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.
- SDI Color Precision - 4:2:2 10 bit and 4:4:4 10 bit.
- SDI Color Space - 4:2:2 YUV, 4:4:4 YUV and 4:4:4 RGB.
- SDI Audio Sampling - Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.