The Barix IP AUDIO MODULE 102 is a versatile network audio module that encodes and decodes PCM, G.711, G. 722, Ogg Vorbis and MPEG audio. The IPAM 101 model is intended for OEM applications where G.722 and MP3 encoding is not required. Both models enable manufacturers of traditional audio devices to add network capabilities to their products.
Each module is a complete system consisting of CPU, DSP, memory and interface circuitry, providing network and high speed serial interfaces, general purpose I/Os, analog and digital audio interfaces.
For OEM hardware integration a development specification with schematic, pin-out and layout guidelines is available. An IPAM Evaluation Kit, containing a carrier PCB and the IP audio module 102, is available.
Various software packages for standard applications are available for download from the Barix website, optimized for encoding, audio distribution, paging and intercom, including a full featured SIP client.
Custom software can easily be written, based on existing packages from Barix written in the ABCL language.
For low cost applications the Barix IP AUDIO MODULE 300 with reduced set of interfaces and audio decoding capabilities is available.
- Commercial Audio Streaming Applications
- Digital Annunciator, Message Player, Message Repeater
- Generic, bidirectional full-duplex VoIP module for Paging and Intercom Applications
- Source Encoder for IP Audio Distribution Applications
- Background Music and Music-on-Hold encoder for VoIP Applications
- Low latency IP Audio Encoder for multichannel applications
Features at a glance
- G.711, G.722, PCM Encoding
- MP3 Encoding
- AACplus, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, G.711, G.722, PCM linear Decoding
- Shoutcast/Icecast Source capability
- Audio Level Supervision with SNMP Trap generation
- IP Streaming via TCP, UDP, RTP, Multicast
- Microphone Input
- Line Level Input (Stereo)
- Line Level Output (Stereo)
- General Purpose I/O (8)
- RS-232 Serial Port (TTL Level)
- RS-485 Serial Port (TTL Level)
- Supply Voltage (5V)
- USB Flash Memory Interface
CPU / Memory
User / Application Interfaces
Dimensions (W x D x H)
* depends on used codec, best results @ 48 kHz PCM
You may also be interested in the following product(s)