The Barix IP AUDIO MODULE 300 is a versatile network audio decoder module that plays AAC+, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, G.711 and PCM audio. It is easily incorporated into applications to play files and playlists from USB memory, PC or web server (http), or to stream from sources like Shoutcast, Icecast (Internet radio) or RTP servers.
Installation and configuration
Installing a device containing the IP AUDIO MODULE 300 is fast and simple: After power-up the module will either get an IP address automatically (BootP or DHCP), or will find one using the IPzator feature. The unique SonicIP feature then announces the IP address over the audio outputs! The module is easily configred and controlled by a standard web browser
- Exstreamer Standard firmware for jukebox and multizone applications,
- Exstreamer Streaming Client firmware for commercial streaming appli cations with AAC+, WMA, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 support, automatic failover (up to 3 URL’s / playing from USB memory) and monitoring capabilities.
- ABCL development kit: a simple to use, powerful Basic dialect allows for custom application development (please see the ABCL programmers manual & technical doc.)
Application development and integration
The IP AUDIO MODULE 300 supports various control and communication modes. Software developers can easily write audio applications using one of the openly documented Ethernet (cgi, TCP, UDP) or serial inter faces (API).
Hardware integration and evaluation
For hardware integration a development specification with schematic, pinout and suggestions for the layout of a custom carrier PCB is available. For evaluation purposes, Barix recommends any Barix Exstreamer 1xx family device.
- Internet Radio Receiver
- SIP and IP Paging Zone Device
- Generic VoIP decoder for IP Paging and Announcement applications
- Commercial Audio Streaming Applications
- Digital Annunciator, Message Player, Message Repeater
Features at a glance
- AACplus, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, G.711, PCM Decoding
- IP Streaming via TCP, UDP, RTP, Multicast
- Line Level Output (Stereo)
- General Purpose I/O (4)
- RS-232 Serial Port (TTL Level)
- Supply Voltage (3.3V)
- USB Flash Memory Interface
Audio Interfaces and Formats
CPU / Memory
User / Application Interfaces
You may also be interested in the following product(s)