With the capability to simultaneously capture four independent channels of audio and video, the Osprey® 440 with Simulstream PCI-X™ capture card is a good choice for broadcasters and government agencies.
Additional inputs and outputs.
OEM product developers can take advantage of additional composite video, S-Video, and balanced audio inputs which are available on internal connections on the Osprey 440 circuit board. Security or surveillance OEMs can also access internal contact closure inputs and alarm relay outputs for custom applications. And, a versatile Osprey SDK is available for custom software application developers.
- Includes four-channel video processing card with external and internal audio and video connectors
- Four alarm inputs and four dry contact outputs provide one input and output per channel
- Supports 16 switchable video inputs plus 8 audio inputs
- Unique video processing features can be controlled through custom development using the Osprey SDK
- Provides logo bitmap overlay (graphics over the video) with transparency and positioning controls
- Automatically detects and adapts on-the-fly when the input video format changes from movie frame rates to TV frame rates
- Create multiple streams of the same type from each input, separately, with completely independent settings for sizing, scaling, logos and bit rate
- Includes drivers for Microsoft® Windows® XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, Vista and Windows 7; check the ViewCast Web site for available drivers
- Microsoft® DirectShow® API
- 4 composite (BNC)
(BNC RCA adapters included)
- 1 S-Video (mini-DIN)
- 4 pair unbalanced stereo
RCA via included breakout cable)
- Closed-caption extraction/rendering
- Logo/bitmap overlay
- Software-controlled hardware audio gain control
- Scaling, cropping, de-interlacing and inverse telecine
- Loss of video automatic test pattern generation with text overlay option
- Full-height / half-length board
- 6.6" L x 4.2"H (16.77 cm L x 10.67 cm H)
- 64-bit PCI™ interface
- 32-bit/33-MHz PCI compatible
- 3.3 Volt PCI 2.3 compliant
- 1 year limited hardware warranty
- Video capture requires intense bandwidth across the system bus, CPU, and memory. Motherboards with DDR3 memory architecture are highly recommended.
- Multi-core processsors are recommended to run video applications.