Boasting 3Dconnexion's patented optical sensor technology, plus an advanced ergonomic design, SpaceExplorer offers effortless navigation for more than 100 of today's most powerful 3D design and visualization applications.
High-end performance. Mid-range price.
Simply push, pull, tilt or twist the SpaceExplorer's controller cap to simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate 3D objects and environments. SpaceExplorer features an array of easy-to-reach function keys labeled and pre-programmed with commands from leading design applications. Keys automatically map as you move between applications for unified navigation.
50% fewer mouse clicks. 30% greater productivity.
Gone are the days when 3D navigation meant endless mouse clicks to move around an object or to fly through space and remembering how to change views and control objects within the X, Y, Z axes...one tedious step at a time. Plus, it is no longer necessary to remember different application's unique commands for manipulating 3D objects or scenes.
Using SpaceExplorer together with a mouse engages both your hands in a natural, intuitive work style. One hand drives the SpaceExplorer, positioning your model, then rotating, panning and zooming in one single, fluid motion. Your mouse hand can simultaneously edit the model or select menu items.
The SpaceExplorer button array includes two numbered buttons for programmability of the user's favorite application commands, plus keys for Speed, Views, 2D only, Fit, Control Panel and keyboard modifiers. This enables you to master any supported 3D application without having to leave the device to reach for the keyboard.
The new SpaceExplorer 3D navigation device:
- Boosts productivity by over 30%, while reducing mouse usage by 50%
- Automatically maps functions on keys as you change applications
- Enables no-look access to modifier keys on device
- Provides instant positioning of models and scenes with Fit and View keys
- Reduces fatigue with its ergonomic design and soft, sculpted palm rest
Preconfigured. Easy to customize.
SpaceExplorer's software automatically recognizes the programs already loaded on your computer-such as Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, Solid Edge, UGS NX, and a host of other CAD and DCC applications-and installs default configurations that predefine the functions assigned to programmable buttons.
Earn your wings in no time at all.
3Dconexion's Configuration Wizard is an interactive tool that uses animation and imagery to guide you through controller cap movement and configuring your preferences. The Configuration Wizard also provides demonstration applications so you can practice or start using the device right away.
Plus, your 3DxSoftware will never be out of date, because 3Dconnexion's Update Wizard keeps you up-to-date on the latest OS and application versions and new features.
Why Choose SpaceExplorer
- High-End Capabilities. Mid-Range Price.
- 50% fewer mouse clicks. 20% more productivity
- Simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate 3D models
- Advanced Ergonomic design for use with either hand
- No-look access to 15 speed keys
- Advanced 6 degrees-of-freedom optical sensor
- Speed adjustable to preference
- Sculpted palmrest for comfort
- 15 programmable function keys
- 593g (USB) 619g (Serial)
- 3-year warranty
- Intel Pentium 4/III or AMD/Athlon™ processor based system
- Windows: 140 Megabytes free disk space for driver and plug-in installation
- UNIX/Linux: 2 Megabytes free disk space for driver installation
- USB 1.1 or 2.0
Operating System Supported
- Windows XP x86 or x64
- Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 2000
- UNIX (HP-UX 11, IBM AIX 5.2, Sun Solaris 8 or greater)
- Linux (Redhat Enterprise Linux WS 3, SuSE 9.0 or greater)
- Mac OS X (10.4.6 or later)
|Connection (Bus Type)||No|