The CHD 1812 is a versatile and compact HDMI to SDI converter with integrated frame synchronizer. It is an ideal solution for any application which requires a fully synchronized SDI input from an external asynchronous HDMI source.
The flexible reference sync input will accept any analog video sync format including SD bi-level sync, black burst, colorbars and tri-level HD sync. The sync input is auto detecting and fully cross lock compatible. For example: An SD black burst reference can be used to frequency lock an HD HDMI input. If no reference is present, the converter performs a standard asynchronous HDMI to SDI conversion.
Any audio present in the HDMI stream will be embedded into the SDI outputs, or can be replaced with the external audio input.
An optional SDI fiber output is also provided (Single Mode Fiber).
- Supports SD/HD/3G -SDI formats
- 3D support
- Integrated Frame Synchronizer
- Multi-format sync reference input - cross lock compatible
- 2 x SDI outputs with optional SDI fiber output
- HDMI embedded audio passed transparently
- 2 x external analog audio inputs
- Professional balanced analog audio inputs or unbalanced line level audio inputs
- Selectable AES channel for embedding external audio
- HDMI, reference and audio present LED indication