The OTX 1742 is a compact analog sync or NTSC/PAL composite video to fiber optic transmitter (CWDM compatible). This device is specifi cally designed to combat the restrictions involved with the distribution of broadcast quality analog reference and composite video signals over long distances
When paired with the fiber optic receiver ORX 1702 you have a cost-effective optical transmission system for analog sync reference signals or NTSC/PAL composite video. This device is particularly useful for reference sync distribution between remote installations to maintain correct synchronization.
Unlike other very basic analog to fiber conversion solutions, the OTX 1842 incorporates technology to maintain a very high degree of sync and burst phase stability during the conversion and fiber transmission.
The module converts the NTSC/PAL video signal to an SDI signal (including reference and other relevant information) before it is converted to fiber. Therefore when the OTX 1742 is used for NTSC or PAL video sources it is possible to convert the fiber signal directly to SDI if required using an SDI receiver (e.g. ORX 1802).
The basic device does not include a Fiber SFP sub module, an option MUST be selected from the table shown below.
* Note: If ordering device with CWDM Options please allow for a 8 week lead time.
- Supports analog black burst, bi-Level, tri-Level sync signals and NTSC and PAL composite video
- Passive loop output
- Broadcast quality performance
- 18 wavelength selections (ITU-T G.694.2)
- Error free optical transmission
- Up to 40km (24.8 miles) singlemode
- Supports hot swapping and hot plugging