The PDM 1383 is a versatile analog audio embedder and de-embedder designed for a wide range of SDI video formats up to 3Gbit. Analog audio I/O is available on a 25 pin SubD connector.
Select the audio group and analog full scale level (or line level) using the rotary switches. Additional channels of audio can be embedded and de-embedded by cascading modules together. Simultaneous embedding and de-embedding means the module can de-embed and output the audio from the selected audio group before overwriting with the new audio input.
Optional fiber I/O SFP modules adds fiber connectivity for embedding and de-embedding directly from the fiber I/O.
The selectable “auto black” mode uses a black video frame (in the last detected video standard) if no SDI input is present. This allows the module to embed audio even when no video source is available. This mode is useful if the application is only transporting audio between locations either electrically or over fiber. The module also includes a special mode of operation which allows the bidirectional transport of audio (only) using two modules.
The selectable 1 kHz test tone generator is integrated for audio testing purposes. The module includes an LED for video present indication as well as two multi color audio status LEDs.
- Simultaneous embedding and de-embedding
- SDI video formats up to 3Gbit (1080p60)
- 4 x Analog audio inputs and outputs
- Selectable full scale audio level or line level I/O
- Selectable audio groups
- Optional Fiber I/O
- Bidirectional audio transport over fiber
- Integrated test tone generator
- Auto black if no video present
- Selectable SDTV 24 bit mode
- Video present and audio status LEDs