A compact standard definition MPEG-2 IP set-top box (STB) for IPTV and Video-on-Demand (VoD) applications.
Product discontinued, Please see alternatives tab for recommended replacement
A compact and elegant, standard definition MPEG-2 set-top box (STB) for IPTV and Video-on-Demand (VoD) applications, with an Ethernet input and flexible audio/video output, S/PDIF and RF Modulator outputs, the AmiNET A110 provides a powerful means of delivering sophisticated interactive digital television including multicast, Video-on-Demand and Internet access.
Surround sound audio
The A110 comes complete with digital audio outputs for an exciting home theatre experience.
Compact and elegant
The A110 is supplied in a compact, elegant casing, based on the award-winning A100 design.
The A110 works with a wide range of home networking options. Viewers can watch a movie in the living room while a different channel can play in another room - all via existing home cabling.
Gaming provides an excellent opportunity for service providers to introduce a new revenue generating service. The G-Cluster games client is ported to the A110 and provides the user with state of the art, centrally served PC games. A USB interface is provided which can support games controllers and peripheral expansion.
Extensive ecosystem support
The A110 is supported by an extensive ecosystem of middleware, browser, conditional access and DRM options required for the widely varying configurations of the IPTV market.
Software updates and maintenance
The A110 holds a complete software image in on-board flash memory and is also designed to support secure bootstrap from a multicast server. At any time, a deployed A110 can be upgraded with a new software image via the secure multicast server. The multicast approach ensures that very large numbers of deployed set-top boxes can be upgraded without placing an individual load on the server or the network. For security, software images can be signed with keys unique to each deployment.
Comprehensive design tools and support
The Aminos need to be flashed with a local browser in order to access their own configuration or browse to a middleware. If you don't have an image prepared we can pre flash with either ANT Fresco or Opera. If you are not sure we recommend ANT Fresco. All of our images come with Telnet enabled.
Please note the supply of a browser on Amino devices is not covered by any warranty, only the hardware is covered against defects.
- Silent operation - no forced air cooling
- Supported by leading middleware and Conditional Access (CA) vendors
- Flexible audio and video output via cable options
- Composite, RGB, S-Video, Stereo Audio
- PAL and NTSC
- 4:3 and 16:9 formats
- Digital Audio via S/P-DIF
- RF Modulator output with loop-through
- Teletext / closed caption decoding and subtitling
- USB 1.1
- IR Remote Control
- Combines STB and TV command functions
- Interface to 10/100BaseT Ethernet
- MPEG1 & 2 MP@ML at up to 10 Mbps
- 24-bit colour graphics with Alpha-Blending and picture ingraphics
- Video Protocols
- Multicast IPTV (IGMP control)
- VoD (RTSP control)
- Key-Protected, scalable multicast software booting option
- Remote Management and software upgrade via network
- Macrovision Copy Protection
- IR Keyboard
- Networked Gaming via G-Cluster
- Smartcard based or smartcard-less CA
- Input Method Engines (IME)